Beanitos Bean Chips

It is well-known that one of my favorite snacks is chips with salsa or guacamole…love them!  But tortilla chips (well, pretty much any kind of chips) are not known for being nutritious.  However, there is a new kind of chip that arrived at our doorstep recently: Beanitos Bean Chips.  You heard me:  bean chips. 



Beanitos are made from black or pinto beans with some whole grain rice (and flaxseed in the case of the pinto bean flavors) through in.  When I heard about them, I was really intrigued.  I like beans and I like chips, but I just couldn’t imagine what chips made of beans would be like. 
I got to sample all four flavors of Beanitos:  Black Bean, Pinto Bean & Flax, Chipotle BBQ Black Bean, & Cheddar Cheese Pinto Bean & Flax.  They have a great crunch just like tortilla chips, but are a little heartier than some.  I really liked them.  They did have a little bean flavor to them, but the flavor was mild enough to make the regular flavors suitable for dipping.  The Chipotle BBQ was a clear favorite, but the Cheddar Cheese was also popular. 


Not only were the chips delicious, but they are also gluten-free, have 6 grams of fiber per serving, and are low glycemic.  The Pinto Beans & Flax varieties also contain 1200 mg of Omega-3’s.  These chips make a satisfying snack that will stay with you longer than your regular corn or tortilla chips. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kat's Naturals Pure CBD Oil Review

QALO rings

Nadine West